Indian Railways Booking for Foreigners
Indian railway tickets for foreigners – IRCTC New Rules
Promoting Rail Tourism – New Policy of Reservation for Foreign Tourists
Foreign Tourist Quota booking at present is not available on IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in. At present, international users can book e-ticket on IRCTC website as a normal user and book normal ARP or Tatkal tickets.
Facility of making payment through International Debit & Credit cards is available on website to such users was launched by Hon’ble MR in 2016 (29.04.2016) to facilitate online booking of tickets using international debit/credit cards.
Now, Indian Railways has decided to provide the facility of Foreign Tourist Quota booking to International users on IRCTC website also. Till now this facility could be availed only through General Service Agents ( at Sharjah, Nepal, United Kingdom, Muscat and Bangladesh only) or in person at International Tourist Bureau in India.
The following accommodation (per coach) will be available for booking (365 days in advance):
● Eight berths (two cabins) in IA coach
● Four berths (one cabin) in composite 1A cum 2A coach
● Eight berths per 2A coach (two inside berth cabins)
● Ten berths in EC coach
Features of the Scheme:
● International mobile no of user will be captured at the time of user registration/updation profile. To verify mobile no, an OTP will be sent to International user at his registered mobile no. Another OTP will be sent on his e-mail to verify e-mail ID.
● Passport number of all Foreign Tourist will be captured at the time of booking e-tickets.
● If the user has not got verified his mobile number prior to booking his e-ticket, he will be asked to update his profile through profile update with new mobile number with ISD code. This updated profile will be verified through an OTP or SMS to International Mobile no.
● User has the option to make payment through International Debit/Credit card through following payment gateway:
● AMEX(for American Express International cards)
● ATOM(for all International cards)
● User can book tickets under FT Quota upto 365 days in advance. They will also be able to book normal ARP/Tatkal tickets.
● After a ticket is successfully booked, ticket booking information will be sent on SMS to the user through International SMS facility.
● Ticket booking information will also be sent to user on his registered e-mail ID.
● Berth allocation SMS will be sent to the FT Quota users at the time of opening of ARP as soon as berths are allotted by the PRS system.
● Users can also download ERS (Electronic Reservation Slip) from website for booked tickets after berths are allotted by PRS system.
If berth is not allotted to FT Quota users for any reason, Cancellation SMS/Email informing the user about booking having been dropped and refund being processed will be sent. Refund will be sent back to the same International Debit/Credit card and through same Payment Gateway which was used at the time of booking.
- In case of cancellation of the tickets booked under this facility by the passenger flat 50% of the fare shall be deducted in addition of the cancellation charges applicable while refunding the amount. The time limit for granting 50% refund will be as per extant rules i.e. upto 4 hours before scheduled departure of train, through website only.
Source : PIB