RO-RO Rates Circular
Rates Circular (Goods) No. 01 of 2017 (No.100-R/RO-RO/2017)
Sub:-Running of RO-RO services between GDGH/GHH to PHDL/MUD and PHDL/MUD to GDGH/GHH.
Ref. -1. Railway Board’s letter no. TCR/1078/ 2016/08 dated 02.05.2016
2. Railway Board’s letter no TCR/1078/2016/08/Pt dated 05.08.2016
The competent authority has accorded the approval for the lump sum rate of a DBKM wagon in the RO-RO services between GDGH/ GHH to PHDL/MUD and – PHDL/MUD to GDGH/GHH via PTNR and GZB temporarily w.e.f. 01.03.2017 for a trial period of 6 months with the following guidelines:
1. RO-RO has been defined as new Commodity and will be booked under Special RO-RO class.
2. The DBKM stock shall be used for loading RO-RO trucks. The rates shall be charged per DBKM wagon. The Carrying Capacity (CC) of DBKM wagon is 35.85 MT. The rate applicable per DBKM wagon shall be Rs 6101/-.
3. Service Tax and other taxes/surcharges/cess will be levied as per extant guidelines.
4. For RO-RO Service, RR will be issued by TMS.
5. In no case, gross weight of the truck (Tare weight of truck + Commodity Weight) shall exceed the PCC of DBKM wagon. If the PCC of the wagon used is not notified, then gross weight of the truck should not exceed the Stencilled CC of the wagon.
6. All extant commercial rules shall be applicable on this service. The performance of the scheme shall be evaluated after 6 months to analyse the profitability of the scheme.
7. The rate is only for the pair of stations mentioned in this circular and is on a trial basis.
8. The rate shall not be extended beyond the trial period without a cost-benefit analysis done by Delhi Division.
9. A detailed costing analysis for the service is to be worked out by Delhi Division during the said trial period of six months and submit the same to Headquarters Office after vetting of Divisional Finance for further review.
10. Division is to Keep a close watch on this service and give a detailed feedback to Headquarters Office on a monthly basis so as to analyze the profitability of this scheme so that Board may be apprised accordingly.
(A concerned to please note and act accordingly.)
Authority:- CFTM / NR fetter No .29- T/4VM/Goods-II dated 22.02.2017
(Sarah Jayal Sawkmie)
Click Here to Download the Original Order
Source : http://www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in