ID proof for railway ticket
What Document/I-Card required to book e-Ticket?
The user is not required to give any input of the photo identity card details of any of the passengers while booking the ticket. However he shall have to carry and show one of following identity card of any of the passengers in original while travelling.
The following photo identity cards are considered valid.
• Voter photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India.
• Driving Licence issued by RTO
• Pan Card issued by Income Tax Department.
• Photo Identity card having serial number issued by Central / State Government.
• Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
• Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs.
• Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph.
• Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
• Photo identity cards having serial number issued by public sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.
Source : https://www.services.irctc.co.in