Suvidha Train Number
Suvidha Trains Numbering Scheme
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 10.06.2016
The General Managers (Optg.)
All India Railways
Suvidha Train Fare Structure
Fare in Humsafar and Suvidha Express trains
Suvidha Train Number
Sub: Suvidha Trains Numbering Scheme.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter of even number dated 09/09/2010.
In terms of Commercial Circular No. 33 of 2015 and as amended from time to time, Ministry of Railways has decided to run Suvidha trains based on dynamic fare mechanism.
In continuation of train numbering scheme/policy issued vide Board’s letter referred above, Ministry of Railways has decided that all Suvidha trains should be numbered as per the five digit train numbering scheme to reflect the same in the ICMS and for the convenience of the general public as well, with the following criteria:
1. The proposed renumbering of the Suvidha train shall be known as “Suvidha Trains Numbering Scheme”.
2. All Suvidha trains will only begin with numerical ‘8’ as the ‘first digit’.
3. The numerical ‘2’ shall be the ‘second digit’ of five digit train numbering scheme of Suvidha trains.
4. The ‘third digit’ in the “Suvidha Trains Numbering Scheme” shall be the Zonal code based on old allotted numbers prior to re-organization of the Zonal Railways in 2002/2003. To ensure that no duplication as well as proper utilization of the entire series of numbers take place under the scheme, the parental 9 zonal railways shall be the respective co-ordinator for other zonal railways which were created and clubbed together with the parent zonal railway after 2002/2003 for distribution of such numbering scheme within the zonal railway code. Accordingly, distribution of zonal code shall be made as per the following:
|S. No.||Co-ordinating Railway||Zonal Code (four digit 1989 series)||Zonal Code (five digit 2009 series)||Zones covered (respective divisions as applicable)|
|1||Central Railway||1||1||CR, NCR, WCR, KRCL|
|2||Railway Board||2||2||Not to be utilised unless specifically permitted by Board. Board may be approached for allotment in writing, only when the all the digits in the series have been utilised and/or a special situation arises.|
|4||Northern Railway||4||4||NR, NCR, NWR|
|5||N.E. & N.F Railway||5 & 55||5||NER, NFR, ECR|
|6||Southern Railway||6||6||SWR, SR|
|7||S.C. Railway||7||7||SCR, SWR|
|8||S.E. Railway||8||8||SER, ECOR, SECR|
|9||Western Railway||9||9||WR, NWR|
5. The ‘fourth’ and ‘fifth’ digit shall denote train number series.
6. The renumbering of all Suvidha trains being run by various Zonal Railways may be done with “Advance Reservation Period (ARP)” or “No Booking Date” whichever is earlier. No new trips/extensions of the Suvidha trains should be fired in the PRS except under the above “Suvidha Train Numbering Scheme” with immediate effect.
All Zonal Railways (including KRCL) to comply and confirm.
source : http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/
Click here to Download the Original Order