No Aadhaar Verification required for booking up to 6 tickets in a month, as earlier
Book Upto 12 tickets in a month by linking Aadhaar
Now users are allowed to book upto 12 tickets in a month, if users get themselves verified through their Aadhaar number along with at least one passenger also being verified through Aadhaar.
• No Aadhaar Verification required for booking up to 6 tickets in a month, as earlier.
• Existing facility of booking upto 6 tickets (without Aadhaar) in a month continues.
Steps to avail the facility of booking more than 6 tickets and up to 12 tickets in a month:
• IRCTC Registered User is required to get himself Aadhaar verified using Aadhaar KYC option in My Profile.
• User’s Aadhaar will be verified by sending an OTP on his mobile number linked with his Aadhaar number. On successful submission of OTP, user will become Aadhaar verified.
• At least One (1) passenger on the ticket being booked, beyond 6 tickets in a month, should also be Aadhaar verified.
• Users are required to verify the probable passengers through their respective Aadhaar number and store the verified passengers in passenger master list. This should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond 6 tickets in a month.
• User can add Aadhaar verified passenger from master list at the time of booking to book additional tickets upto 12 tickets in a month.
Click to More information