Indian Railway English Essay Competition 2017-2018
Railway Minister’s English Essay Competition 2017-2018
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
Rail Bhawan, New Delhi-110001, date. 20.12.2017
The General Managers/OSDs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units,
RDSO/Lucknow, CORE/ Allahabad,
Metro Rly./ Kolkata etc. (As per standard Mailing List)
Sub: Railway Minister’s English Essay Competition 2017-2018.
Railway Minister’s English Essay Competition’ is conducted every year and the following Prizes are awarded along with a certificate:-
|Category||1st Prize||2nd Prize|
2. The essays are required to be written (preferably typed) in English only in double space and on one side of the paper. The essays should be restricted to a word limit of 2000 failing which an entry shall be disqualified. Every Railway employee whether permanent or temporary, who has put in a minimum of three month’s service is eligible to submit only one essay on any one of the Topics given below. The prizes are distributed during the Annual Railway Award Function held every year.
3. For the purpose of this Competition, Railway Units are required to invite essays from the Officers and Staff and select best 10 percent of the essays, for forwarding to the Board’s Office. The essays are then examined by a Special Committee appointed by the Board.
4. Winners of 1st Prize of English Essay Competition (Gazetted/Non Gazetted) in the last three years i.e 2014-15, 2015-16 & 2016-17 are not eligible.
5. It has been observed that in the Competition held last year, some of the Railways had not sent any entries. Accordingly, it is requested that due publicity may be given for inviting entries for the year 2017-18 from the Railway employees. The selected essays (in triplicate) duly signed and also mentioning on the cover of the Essay – the name, designation, Railway, category (gazetted/non-gazetted), office address and telephone number may be forwarded to the Ministry of Railways, latest by 22 February, 2018, so that assessment of the essays and further necessary action in relation to the prize¬winning essays may be completed well in time. In case no essay has been/is selected by your Railway/Office, a ‘NIL’ statement may please be sent.
(Dr. Anand S. Khati)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ESTT. (GENL.)
LIST OF TOPICS FOR THE RAILWAY MINISTER’S ENGLISH ESSAY COMPETITION FOR THE YEAR-2017-2018
1. Safety-a great concern for Indian Railways.
2. Major Challengers being faced by Indian Railways today and their Remedies.
3. Should Indian Railways act as a Profit Making Body? Enumerate its Pros & Cons.
Click Here to Download the Original Order