Distribution Plan for Supply of Rail Neer on Mail/Exp. Trains and Static Units on Stations
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 04/04/2018
Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
The Chairman & Managing Director, IRCTC,
New Delhi – 110001.
The CMD, KRCL,
Belapur Bhawan. Navi Mumbai.
(Commercial Circular No. 20 of 2018)
Sub: Distribution Plan for Supply of Rail Neer on Mail/Exp. Trains and Static Units on Stations.
Ref: (i) IRCTC letter No. 2010/IRCTC/RNP/RBR/PT-II1 dated 16.01.2018 (ii) Board’s Letter of even no. dated 12/02/2016
This is in reference to IRCTC’s letter referred above and in continuation of instructions issued vide Board’s letter of even no. dated 12/02/2016 wherein detailed guidelines were issued for mandatory supply of Rail Neer on Mail/Express Trains and Static Units on stations. Following are advised:
1. Supply of 100% Rail Neer on Mail/Express trains and static units at stations has been reviewed in view of increase in production capacity of Rail Neer Packaged Drinking Water (PDW) by IRCTC due to commissioning of additional Rail Neer plants. It has been decided that supply of 100% Rail Neer on Mail/Express trains and static units at stations is to be ensured as per the revised list enclosed (Annexure-I) and these stations and trains are henceforth notified as mandatory units for supply of 100% Rail Neer.
2. The unit-wise demand has been indicated based on the mandatory requirement for the entire year and for non-peak season as projected/assessed by IRCTC.
3. For the purpose of this Circular No., non peak season is defined as following months : January, February, July, August, September, October, November, December.
4. Notification of the Units (Stations or Mail/Express trains), for mandatory supply of Rail Neer PDW, has been done on the basis of production capacity of the existing operational Rail Neer plants and supply thereof to the notified units as per list in the Annexure which has been linked to the concerned plant in vicinity depending upon the requirement of Rail Neer PDW vis-a-vis operational feasibility. However, in case production of the concerned plant is disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances or scheduled maintenance, IRCTC may provide Rail Neer PDW to notified units, as per list in Annexure, from alternate Rail Neer plants with prior intimation to the concerned PCCM of the Zonal Railway and Railway Board.
5. All other instructions regarding mandatory supply of Rail Neer PDW, on stations and Mail/Express trains, issued vide Ref. (ii) above will remain unchanged. IRCTC shall ensure 100% supply of Rail Neer on all Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Gatiman, Tejas, Humsafar, Vistadome and other premium trains operating over entire Indian Railways in accordance with instructions issued vide Board’s letter No. 2015/TG-III/631/06 dated 27/01/2016.
6. The revision in the list of notified units as specified in the Annexure (stations and trains), where Rail Neer is to be provided mandatorily, would be undertaken and notified as and when new Rail Neer plants become operational.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Dte. of Ministry of Railways.
Encl: As above (Annexure-I, 8 pages)
Dy. Director (Tourism & Catering)