Reduction in the tatkal quota in Rajdhani/Duronto/Shatabdi trains
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Commercial Circular No. 29 of 2018
No.TC II/2910/2016/Discounted Fare
New Delhi, dated 21.05.2018
The Chief Commercial Managers,
All zonal Railways
Sub: Reduction in the tatkal quota in Rajdhani/Duronto/Shatabdi trains
REF: 1. Commercial Circular no. 68 of 2016 dated 08.12.2016
2. Commercial circular no. 42 of 2017 dated 28.06.2017.
3. Commercial Circular no, 82 of 2017 dated 19.12.2017.
In continuation of para 2 of commercial circulars mentioned above regarding reduction in the tatkal quota in Rajdhani, Duronto arid Shatabdi trains, it has been decided to delegate the powers to principal Chief Commercial Managers of Zonal Railways to decide the percentage of Tatkal quota in Flexi Fare trains i.e in Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains based on the utilization of Tatkal quota. This quota shall be not less than 5% and not more than 30% of the total class wise accommodation.
2. Fortnightly review of utilisation of tatkal quota may be undertaken by PCCMs of Zonal Railways and based on its utilisation, tatkal quota may be increased upto a maximum of 30% of total class wise accommodation in these trains.
3. Within the Advance reservation (ARP) period, the berth shifted from tatkal quota to normal quota; if any shall be redistributed on pro-rata basis within the remaining vacant flexi fare slabs.
4. The above changes shall be implemented with effect from 01.06.2018. Zonal Railway may send a report on the working of this scheme to Board for information.
5. CRIS is requested to make necessary changes in the software for the implementation of the above.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance (Commercial) Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Director (Passenger Marketing)
Click Here to Download the Original Order
Leave a Reply