Salient Features of UTS Application
ON LINE UTS APP TO BE INTRODUCED ON NON SUBURBAN STATIONS W.E.F 17TH SEPTEMBER 2018
Western Railway is geared to release the UTS on mobile app for non suburban stations w.e.f 17th Sept 2018. Mobile ticketing is already available on WR’s suburban station. Recently, an awareness drive was also conducted at 17 important suburban stations to educate and convince passengers to switch over to non cash ticketing through mobile ticketing. The Customer care utility has been installed and working at all Divisions and the trained staff will be available on helpline number 138 to attend and resolve the passengers problems.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, the main objective of introducing on line UTS app is to encourage digital ticketing mode. In order to promote mobile ticketing, an additional bonus incentive of 5% will be given for every recharge of R Wallet. All 6 divisions of WR will have the facility of online UTS App available.W.Rly exhorts its valuable commuters to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App and avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use.
Some of the Salient Features of UTS App:
1. Easy to download from Google Play Store, i-OS or Windows app store free of cost.
2. All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
3. Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
4. QR code scan option for booking tickets in station premises (QR code sticker available at all entry points )
5. Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
6. Dedicated Customer Care on no.138.
7. Ticket payments can be easily made through inbuilt “R-Wallet” or through Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge.
8. “R-Wallet” can be easily recharged from all suburban UTS booking windows as well as online on website www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in through any Debit card, Net Banking and UPI mode.
9. 5% extra travel value on every recharge in R-wallet.