Railway University Vadodara Glance,Vision, Mission and Values
NRTI is India’s first Rail and Transport Institute. The institute is located in Vadodara, Gujarat. 103 students selected from across the country for the two undergraduate courses.41 students are admitted in BBA AND 62 students in B.Sc . courses
|National Rail and Transport Institute Admission Process|
NRTI encompasses the aspects of higher education research and training in building a world-class institution of excellence.
National Rail & Transportation Institute (NRTI), is India’s first University focussed on transport related education, multi-disciplinary research & training. It was conceptualized by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi & spearheaded by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Rlys & Coal.
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), a vision of the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is India’s first university focussed on transport-related education, multidisciplinary research and training. A Deemed to be University under the de Novo category, NRTI is specifically established to create a resource pool of best-in-class professionals for the railway and transportation sector.
NRTI will offer multi-disciplinary programmes designed to cater to the needs of India’s transportation sector. The Institute will follow a demand-driven curriculum, while aligning with industry priorities. To ensure best-in-class delivery of education, NRTI will follow a highly experiential and unique inter-disciplinary pedagogical approach, that incorporates the latest technologies such as live classrooms and online programs, and is delivered by high-quality faculty with global exposure.
NRTI is focused on developing global and national partnerships with top universities and organizations from across the world. This will enable access to the latest pedagogy and program design, and prevailing transportation related domain knowledge, innovations and research developments. NRTI has adopted an interdisciplinary approach for research of transport systems—it is bringing together academicians, scientists and engineers from various backgrounds, and plans to leverage its academic and industry partnerships and collaborations.
NRTI at a glance
- Established as a deemed to be university under the de-novo category in 2018
- Multidisciplinary techno-commercial curriculum
- Incorporates 21st century skills: communication, critical thinking and collaboration
- Project-based learning at Railway establishments
- Highly experienced in-house and visiting faculty with international exposure
- Fully residential program with modern hostel for boys and girls
- Upto 100% scholarships (Need-blind admission)
- Global academic and industry partnerships
- State-of-the-art green campus
- All the programs comply with UGC and AICTE guidelines.
NRTI envisions a best-in-class university to upgrade and sustain high-quality service and operations excellence in the transportation sector and especially Indian Railways.
Encompass aspects of higher education research and training in building a world- class institution of excellence.
- Be a top 10 university in India, ranked #1 in its domain and among the top 100 globally.
- Be an institution of demonstrated global excellence in higher education, research and vocational training, especially for rail and transportation.
- Be well-known for making a substantial impact on Indian Railways and the transportation sector through its high-quality graduates and its innovative research.
Upgrade and sustain high-quality service and operations excellence in Indian transportation, especially Indian Railways.
- Create a cadre of committed, best-in-class talent that is adept at solving complex problems.
- Build an ecosystem to facilitate best-in-industry career options; upskill and evolve the capability to cater to new industry demands.
- Drive R&D efforts to create a knowledge base, and to set and meet international benchmarks and future needs.
- Foster collaboration between public sector, private industry and academia.
- Create a digitally-enabled environment that fosters and promotes the spirit of entrepreneurship among students
NRTI will uphold the values of academic excellence, nation building, compassion and environmental responsibility.
- Commitment to innovation and academic excellence: Challenge the status quo through innovation, curiosity and critical thinking to provide indigenous solutions for Indian problems.
- Dedication to nation building: Build a better mobilized India with a sense of purpose, through a multidisciplinary and research-led approach to problem solving, which contributes to economic and social growth.
- Compassion towards all individuals and society: Uphold a sense of fairness and equity for all members of society, leading by example and helping others succeed; be committed to self-discovery and purpose.
- Responsibility towards the environment: Be open to ideas and have empathy towards the environment and the planet, implementing ideas with environmental sustainability in mind.