GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAILWAY BOARD) RAIL BHAVAN. NEW DELHI-110001Ranjanesh Sahai Secretary, Railway Board
Dear Shri «Name»,
Sub: 64th Railway Week National Awards 2019
As you are aware, 64th Railway Week would be celebrated from 10th to 16th April, 2019. During the Central Function of Railway Week, Cheques/Silver Medals/Merit Certificates are presented to those Officers/staff who are selected for Railway Week National Award for their exemplary, outstanding and meritorious performance.
2. Nominations of Officers/Staff are now invited from your Organization for National Award, 2019. The guidelines to be followed while screening/forwarding nominations are enclosed at Annexure-I.
2.1 As Railway Week National Award is the highest award, it is desired that nominations may be screened thoroughly at your level and only the really deserving cases be recommended to Board with priority number against each nominee irrespective of whether Gazetted or Non-Gazetted and Department where working. Further, since the number of awardees has also to be restricted to a limited number, an upper limit for the nominations has also been fixed as under:-
|S.No.||Railway/PU/Other Units||Maximum Number of Nominations to be forwarded to Board’s Office with priority number|
|1,||Zonal Railways||10 each|
|2.||Production Units||5 each|
|3.||Small Unit other than the above mentioned||2 each|
2.2 This year the guidelines for calling of nominations have been revised, as now the nominations are to be sent only under specific category, duly mentioning in the proforma, out of the following categories as indicated below:-
Categorie(s) under which nomination is to be sent (i) New Innovations/processes/procedures leading to economy in expenditure, improvement in productivity, import substitution etc; (ii) Meritorious Acts even in disregard to personal safety leading to protection of life and property on Railways; (iii)Special efforts made to increase eamings/tackle ticketless travel, thefts or increase in loading/saving in expenditure; (iv) Exemplary work done to improve operations, security and safety, maintenance and utilization of assets; (v) Completion of projects, etc in record time; (vi) Outstanding performance in the field of sports leading to National/International recognition; and (vii) Outstanding performance in any other field.
2.3 While screening and finalizing the nominations, preference should be given to Officers/Staff working in the field; only in really exceptional cases, the Officers/Staff working in offices may be recommended.
2.4 Nominations relating to the work done upto 31st December, 2018 may only be considered for the Award to be presented during 2019.
2.5 The upper limit for sending the nominations may be strictly adhered to and priority number against each nominee mav clearly be indicated (without bifurcating between Gazetted, Non-Gazetted and different Departments on Railways. In case, no priority number is indicated, stipulated number of nominations treating serial number as priority mimber would be processed.
3 Non-Gazetted Railway employees should normally be recommended. Only in very exceptional cases, officers upto JA Grade/Selection Grade, who have done exemplary work may be recommended. The names of Officers above the Selection Grade will not be considered under any circumstances.
4. Annexure-I, II & III of this DO letter are also available on Railnet and IR official website under the link O&M of Secretary’s Branches for information.
5. Nominations complete in all respects may please be sent in one lot to Room No. 101-C, O&M Unit, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi by 25.01.2019 positively. While forwarding nominations, it should be clearly indicated that no D&AR and/or Vigilance case(s) is pending against the concerned employee. No reminder would be issued in case nominations are not received till last date and the award would be processed without awaiting nominations.
6. In view of the Budget session of Parliament and upcoming General Elections and model code of conduct coming into vogue with the announcement of election schedule, all processing and finalization of awards would be completed by the last week of February, 2019 and Official selected for Railway Week Awards, 2019 would be notified as per decision by the competent authority or sometimes before the actual event date. As such, the last date for sending the nominations may strictly be adhered to.
7. Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter and also intimate the name, designation, Telephone number, Fax number and Email lD (Rly/BSNL, office as well as residence) of the coordinating officer of your Railway for the Railway Week awards. With regards,
Yours sincerely, sd/- Ranjanesh SahaiSource: Indian Railway
Guidelines & Proforma for Railway Week National Award, 2019
Nominations have been called vide Secretary/Railway Board’s D.O. letter no. 2018/O&M/12/4 dated 20.12.2018 from General Managers of Zonal Railways, Production Units and other units for consideration of names of Officers / Staff for grant of Railway Week National Award, 2019.
|1||Secretary Railway Board’s D.O.Letter No.2018/O&M/12/4 Dated 20/12/18 (For Railways/PUs/Other Units).||Click Here|
|2||Secretary Railway Board’s Note Dated 20/12/2018 (For SeniorsOfficers in Board’s Office).||Click Here|
|3||Guidelines for Railway/PUs to be followed while sending nominations for Railway Week National Award, 2019: Annexure-I for Railways.||Click Here|
|4||Revised format for Nominations to be sent in Triplicate: Annexure-II.||Click Here|
|5||Declaration to be signed by the concerned nominee in person: Annexure III.||Click Here|
|6||The last date for nominations to reach Secretary, Railway Board’s Office/O&M Unit of Railway Board (Room No. 101-C) is 25.01.2019.|
|7||Nominations from Railways/PUs should necessarily have the approval of concerned General Manager.|
|8||In the forwarding DO letter/letter of the nominee, it should be clearly indicated that no D&AR and/or Vigilance case(s) is pending against the concerned employee.|
|9||In case of Railways/PUs Priority No. (1 to 10) may invariably be indicated against each nomination.|
|10||Guidelines to be followed by Sr. Officers of Railway Board while sending nominations for Railway Week National Award, 2019: Annexure – I for Railway Board||Click Here|