Electrification of Guntakal-Nallapadu Section (including Gooty-Pendekallu section)
- To give a concrete shape to the plans for Indian Railways, the cabinet committee on economic affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri NarendraModi accepted for electrification of balance of around 13,000 route kilometers of railway lines at a cost of Rs.12,134 Crore to target completion of electrification of the entire Indian Railway network by 2021-22.
- Accordingly, Most of the non electrified routes which basically comprise of missing links and last mile connectivity are taken up under top priority.
- Guntakal-Nallapadu section is one such major section connecting Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh with Newly formed capital city of the State.
- This section also serves as important and is the shortest route for the trains from Eastern part of India passing through Rayalaseema Region towards South direction.
- Electrification of Guntakal – Nallapadu section including Gooty – Pendekallu to a stretch of 426 kms facilitates seamless transport for both passenger and freight trains.
- This project was sanctioned in the year 2012- 13 with an estimated cost of Rs 432 Crore and this project was completed in fast pace, especially in the last 3 years.
Benefits of the Project:
- Provides seamless transport towards South direction from eastern parts of the country
- Cost effective and environment friendly, reduces carbon foot prints.
- Negates bottlenecks of changing Diesel traction to electric traction and vice-versa
- Enhances section capacity and increases the speed of the trains.
- Operational and maintenance costs will be reduced.
Leave a Reply