Rail Bot to assist railway doctors
SCR DEVELOPS “RAIL-BOT”, ROBOTIC DEVICE TO STRENGTHEN HOSPITAL MEDICARE
In a significant achievement which speaks of the Innovative practices continuously adopted by South Central Railway, a Robotic device, “RAIL – BOT” (R-BOT) has been developed by the Zone to assist in hospital management functions towards patient care.
The Innovation, developed by Shri Hem Singh Banoth, Additional Divisional Railway Manager, Hyderabad Division, SCR and his team, has come in for praise from the Zone’s head,Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR. Shri Mallya, termed it as a good attainment to strengthen medical care management, particularly in the prevailing Covid -19 Pandemic Virus situation.
The R- BOT underwent extensive trails and demonstration before being deployed for use in Central Railway Hospital, Lallaguda, Secunderabad. R-BOT is being used to provide medicines, medical accessories and to serve food to the patients, without any need for physical contact. This will enable the Doctors, Nurses and other support medical staff to stay away from the risks of contacting infections.
The R-BOT is operated through a unique mobile application developed as part of the Innovation, supported by Wi-Fi facility. The R-BOT holds sensor based features to read the body temperature of patients and transmit the same for display on the Mobile phone. It is capable of raising an alarm in case of any abnormal high in the temperature readings so as to alert the Medics attending to the patients.
Features of Rail – BOT are:
- Real time Video Camera with Pan & Tilt functions
- Acts as two way audio and video communication with recording, facilitating smooth interaction between patients and doctors
- R-BOT uses infra-red technology with emergency Night lamp & Night vision to enablecommunication even in complete darkness
- R-BOT holds 08 direction motion control with observation avoidance sensors and motion detection to circumvent any foreign object in its way
- R-BOT can remotely read body temperature and transmit the same on mobile application, additionally serving as an alert mechanism for cautioning on high temperature of the patients
- R-BOT has a Speed of 1 Kmph with a load carrying capacity of 80 kgs
- Technology has been made simple, with the R-Bot capable of continuously functioning on asingle charge of battery for 06 hours
- R-BOT can be operated by using Android Mobile App and Radio Frequency (RF) Remote Controller.
Plans are in the offing to further innovate and develop the R-BOT, in terms of optimal functional efficiency, which can lead to more widespread use of the device act the medical facilities on the Zone.
Leave a Reply