Child Fare Rule in Train | Child Train Fare Age Limit
Railways hikes fare for children from 5 to 12 years
Train Ticket For Child Below 5 Years | Train Fare For Child Below 12 Years
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Master Commercial Circular no 12 of 2020
No/TC-II/ 2910 / 2016/ child fare/ VIP
New Delhi, dated 06.03.2020
The Pr. Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Fare for children.
Ref: 1. Rule no. 211 of IRCA Coaching Tariff no. 26 Part I (Vol 1).
2. Commercial Circular No. 71 of 2015 dated 02.12.2015.
3. Commercial Circular No, 30 of 2017 dated 24.04,2017.
4. Commercial Circular No, 60 of 201.8 dated 23.10.2018.
5. Board’s letter of even no. dated 09.12.2015.
In continuation of all above instructions issued on child fare, Ministry of Railways have decided to issue consolidated instructions on child fare as under:
|Age of Child||Class of travel||Applicable fare|
|Child below 5 years of age||Both reserved and unreserved||Children under five years of age shall be carried free & purchase of any ticket is not required. However, if berth / seat shall be sought on voluntary basis for children of age below 5 years then ticket shall be issued as under: 1. Full adult fare shall be charged. 2. Divyangjan (children) as per Railway, rule shall be eligible for concession on adult fare.|
|Children of age 5 years to below 12 years||Reserved accommodation (except sitting) if berth is sought||In case of children of age 5 years to under 12 years of age for whom full berth (in Reserved class) is sought at the time of reservation, full adult fare for such children shall be charged” (CC 71 of 2015 dated 02.12.2015).|
|If berth is not sought (NOSB)||If no berth is opted for., the’ children of age 5 years to under 12 years of age ‘at the time of reservation in such cases only half of the applicable adult fare shall be charged and in this case minimum distance of charge shall not be applicable.” (CC 30 of 2017 dated 24.04.2017).|
|Reserved sitting accommodation||In reserved sitting accommodation, full adult fare shall be applicable. “Child NOSB (no seat option) booking shall not be. permitted in CC, EC, 2S, BA etc classes” (CC 60 of 2018 dated 23.10.2018),|
|Children of age 5 years to below 12 years||Unreserved accommodation||In unreserved classes, for children of age 5 years to below 12 years’ of age, half of adult fare shall be applicable subject to minimum distance for charge. (CC 71 of 2015 dated 02.12.2015),|
|Children 12 years & above||All classes||“Passengers of 12 years and above shall be charged full fare” (Rule 211 of IRCA Coaching Tariff no. 26 Part I Vol(I)).|
1. In case of NOSB tickets, tickets for unreserved class etc., for child where half of the adult fare is applicable the same shall be applicable on the basic fare. Other charges like superfast charges, catering charges, GST etc, if applicable shall be levied in full. (Para no. 101 (3) (e) of IRC A coaching Tariff no. 26 Part 1 (Vol II)).
2. Single child or group of children without adult attendant, shall be allowed only in case berths are opted with full fare”. However, tickets for children will be issued with no berth option by linking the PNR of parents / guardians / attendants subject to certain conditions issued vide CC No, 60 of 2018 dated 23.10.2018 which is enclosed at Annexure-I.
3. Other relevant clarifications issued vide this office letter no. No.TC II/2910 / 98/ child fare dated 09.12.2015 is enclosed at Annexure-II.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned.
Director Passenger Marketing Railway